Dr. Peter-Jürgen Kramer, Certified Expert in Toxicology GT/DGPT, EUROTOX Registered Toxicologist
- More than 20 years official representative for the Federal Republic of Germany in expert groups of EU und OECD for Harmonisation of Toxicological Test Methods, also with the goal of a drastic reduction of animal use
- Repeatedly nominated as member of expert groups of the German Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) (decisions on government funding of research on “Replacement and Reduction of Animal Testing”)
- Many years of own research in the field of alternative methods in toxicology, also as head of the Merck Institute of Toxicology (incl. a research group specifically dedicated to in vitro and molecular toxicology)
- Group members repeatedly win scientific prices incl. the German (2006) and Hessian (2007) Animal Protection Research Award and several international (EUROTOX) and national (GT/DGPT) awards in the field of alternative methods.
- Invited expert at SEURAT-1 Workshop Nov 2011 – Mechanisms Underlying Repeated Dose Systemic Toxicity
- Scientific Consulting regarding the use of alternative test methods.
- Stefan O Mueller, Margret Kling, Poppy Arifin Firzani, Astrid Mecky, Eric Duranti, Jacqueline Shields-Botella, Remi Delansorne, Thomas Broschard, Peter-Jürgen Kramer , Activation of estrogen receptor alpha and ERbeta by 4-methylbenzylidene-camphor in human and rat cells: comparison with phyto- and xenoestrogens, Toxicol Lett. 142 (1-2): 89-101 (2003)
- Michaela Kröger, Jürgen Hellmann, Luca Toldo, Matthias Glückmann, Bettina von Eiff, Kerstin Fella und Peter-Jürgen Kramer: Toxikoproteomics: Erste Erfahrungen in einer BMBF-Studie, ALTEEK 21 (Suppl. Linz 03) 1 – 88 (2004)
- Kerstin Fella, Matthias Glückmann, Jürgen Hellmann, Michael Karas, Peter-Jürgen Kramer, Michaela Kröger, Use of two-dimensional gel electrophoresis in predictive toxicology: Identification of potential early protein biomarkers in chemically induced hepatocarcinogenesis, Proteomics Vol 5 (7), 1914-1927 (2005)
- Suse Beyer, Yvonne Walter, Juergen Hellmann, Peter-Juergen Kramer, Annette Kopp-Schneider, Michaela Kroeger, Carina Ittrich, Comparison of Software Tools to Improve the Detection of Carcinogen Changes in the Rat Liver Proteome by Analyzing SELDI-TOF-MS Spectra, J Proteome Res. 5 (2): 254-261 (2006)
- Juergen Beigel, Kerstin Fella, Peter-Juergen Kramer, Michaela Kroeger, Philip Hewitt, Genomics and proteomics analysis of cultured primary hepatocytes, Toxicology In Vitro, Vol. 22 Issue 1 Pg. 171-81 (2008)
- Ukelis U, Kramer PJ, Olejniczak K, Mueller SO, Replacement of in vivo acute oral toxicity studies by in vitro cytotoxicity methods: opportunities, limits and regulatory status. Regul Toxicol Pharmacol. 2008 Jun;51(1):108-18.
- Lilienblum W, Dekant W, Foth H, Gebel T, Hengstler JG, Kahl R, Kramer PJ, Schweinfurth H, Wollin KM. Alternative methods to safety studies in experimental animals: role in the risk assessment of chemicals under the new European Chemicals Legislation (REACH). Arch Toxicol. 2008 Apr;82(4):211-36.